Happy New Year! Today is the first Monthly Milestones of 2016. If you want to share a milestone post, just leave a comment below with a link to your milestone post, and I'll pop over and visit it and leave a comment, and hopefully some of my other readers will, too. :) Normally, Monthly Milestones, where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., will go live on the first Saturday of every month, though sometimes I may be a day early or late depending on circumstances.
As you can see, I have a new look for this year. I can't believe this will be the third year that I've been doing this! Hopefully, this year will have more progress to show than just a few pounds lost overall. As long as I go down vs. up, though, I won't be too upset if my progress stays slow. Here's hoping my weight goes down this year in a bigger way! :)
- My weight went up a little! I had hoped that my weight would be down again this month, but it's not. :( I'm up 2 pounds from last month. I know it has to do with all the holiday food choices (I've had the gut ache, bloating and body pains to prove it), and I am working hard to get back to better eating choices now that the holidays are done. Hopefully my weight will go down again starting this month so I have a weight loss to share the beginning of next month. Overall, I can't complain, though, because I started off this journey in 2013 at 235, and I'm at 228 now. Seven pounds lost is seven pounds lost. :) Hopefully I'll lose more this year, too. :)
- December was pretty full! Between holiday travels, dealing with more illness, my sister having a baby, holiday festivity, finishing up school things before break, etc., I've not had the time to breathe let alone blog. I've got a plan in place now, though, that should make blogging more possible, but I'm not sure that it will be more than once a month on here or Natural and Free. I will try, though!
- We're still plugging away with our new lifestyle choices. I haven't been able to walk as much as I'd like recently due to a lot of rain and then snow and cold, but I get out when I can. We're also doing a lot more gluten-free cooking, too, though the last few weeks have been a bit off normal, as I mentioned above. I'm finding that gluten-free helps me a lot, but I also have to watch sugar amount and grains as a whole. Looks like I have another angle to approach as I go into this new year - less sugar and grains. We'll see how it goes!
- I will be keeping an eye on the weird things my body does. Well, I've decided that (for now) my random symptoms - muscle spasms (especially in my legs at night), dizziness/lightheadedness, joint pains, IBS, muscle weakness - can be watched and reported to the doctor at my next physical. There is nothing that is consistent or severe enough to report just yet, though I will be keeping a close eye on things. If anything becomes more consistent or concerning, I'll see the doctor sooner than my physical. We shall see!
- Blog updates have begun! As I mentioned before, I have a system in the works to make updates on this blog and Natural and Free more of a reality. I can't promise more than once a month, but it's a start! :)
That's about it for now. How are you doing? Are you reaching your goals? Have you tried something new? Come up with a new recipe? I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will leave a comment sharing your thoughts and/or milestones (with a link to your post, if you wish). As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)