Today is the second Monthly Milestones of 2016. If you want to share a milestone post, just leave a comment below with a link to your milestone post, and I'll pop over and visit it and leave a comment, and hopefully some of my other readers will, too. :) Normally, Monthly Milestones, where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., will go live on the first Saturday of every month, though sometimes I may be a day early or late depending on circumstances.
Here is how I am doing as of today:
|Me as of today, February 6, 2016, at 226.5 lbs. (The reason my smile is so big is because I'm laughing at my cat who is not in the pictures. She was trying to photobomb me. ;) LOL :D )|
- My weight went down! Hurrah! I'm down a pound and a half from last month. I'm not to the lightest I've been on this 3 year journey (that was 225.5 lbs. in November of last year), but I hope to be down that extra pound and then some next month. We'll see how it goes. :)
- January went by very quickly! I can't believe it is February already! Where did the time go? My plan to get posting more on here and on Natural and Free seems to be working, so that's good. Hopefully that will continue. As long as I can post at least once a month, I consider that a win. :)
- We're still plugging away with our new lifestyle choices. The weather hasn't been too cooperative to make walking as much as I'd like possible, but I am able to get out from time to time for longer walks other than walking my daughter to and from school. I also am trying to keep conscious of what I am eating and of when I am full. I can be a stress eater, and I am working diligently to correct that. Wish me luck!
- Updates on my health situation may be slow in coming. I am still dealing with some crazy neurological symptoms (you can see the main list here), including some vision issues that recently started (vision going out, lack of clarity or blurriness, dull color, tunnel vision, and a few other things) that are painless and only severe for a short spurt before ebbing down. I am set to see a neurologist for more tests the end of April, though I am on a cancellation list so there is a chance I could see her sooner. Until then, we symptom manage as best we can.
My doctor recommended that I try doing what I do for migraines (take a Meloxicam and drink some coffee) when I start having weakness and such to see if that helps. If it does, then we may indeed be dealing with silent migraines or some other rare form of migraine. That would be a better thing that some things, but still a rough diagnosis as migraines can be tricky to find the right treatment for. We'll see how things go, and I'll keep you updated.
Also, I found out just this last week that I tested positive for one copy of the Factor V Leiden mutation. Basically, I have a 7% greater risk of developing blood clots, and my children will have to be tested for this mutation some time soon to see if they have it as it is genetic. We're not sure if this condition is at all playing into what is going on with me, but we will definitely be asking the neurologist about it when I see her in April.
All I know for sure is that I am not at the same level of health since this all began last year. I am definitely overall weaker, more tired, my hearing is less and my vision is fuzzy. Thankfully my pain is generally less, so there's that. Answers would be lovely, but I know those could be a long time in coming. For now, we trust God to get us through one day at a time.
We appreciate your prayers and thoughts as we try to figure out my health issues. It means the world to us!
- Blog updates have stalled, though posting has increased! As I mentioned before, I have a system in the works to add posts to this blog and Natural and Free at least once a month that is going swimmingly so far. I'd like to do more than that, but my current health status is making that difficult. We'll see how it goes! I may surprise you with crazy awesome updates sooner than later. ;) Stay tuned! :D
That's about it for now. How are you doing? Are you reaching your goals? Have you tried something new? Come up with a new recipe? I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will leave a comment sharing your thoughts and/or milestones (with a link to your post, if you wish). As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)