Today is the third Monthly Milestones of 2016. If you want to share a milestone post, just leave a comment below with a link to your milestone post, and I'll pop over and visit it and leave a comment, and hopefully some of my other readers will, too. :) Normally, Monthly Milestones, where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., will go live on the first Saturday of every month, though sometimes I may be a day early or late depending on circumstances.
- My weight went up a little! Now, I can't be too upset about this as my weight had gone up a whole lot more than 1 lb. over the course of the month, and I did lose 4 1/2 lbs. in the last week. I know my weight had gone up because I was eating way too much pre-made food along with a lot more sugar than normal, and last week I changed that, so here's hoping that I can keep that up, and my weight will continue to go down.
- I can't believe it is March! I will admit it - I'm thrilled that it is now March and that it appears that warmer weather is coming and planning on staying. I get tired of cold and snow by mid-January, so I am more than ready to welcome green grass, chirping birds and flowers again. :)
- We're still plugging away with our new lifestyle choices. We should be able to get back into more of a walking schedule now that the weather is getting better. We've also been able to do some swimming/walking in the water at a local pool that offers dollar nights a few days a week. Hopefully we'll be able to continue that. It's been a great thing for me especially.
- I have no further information on the cause of my health issues, and we've been dealing with other health news in the family. As I mentioned last month, my health has been a bit insane lately. The last week or two, I've felt better than I have in a long time. I think the episodes (for lack of a better term) have subsided for now (at least the physical ones), though I have no idea how long it will last. I feel like I've had a bit more issues with memory/focus in the last few weeks, however, though the physical issues have been much better. I am hopeful that my the neurologist that I will see in late April (sooner if there is a cancellation) will help me find some of the answers I seek in this matter. Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated as we go on this journey with my health. Thank you!
I also found out last month that 2 of my 3 kiddos are also positive for one copy of the Factor V Leiden mutation, so they will have to see a hematologist to see if there are any form of preventative measures we should be taking since they can't take a baby aspirin like I can. I'm glad that we know now so that we can take precautions if they need surgeries in future or medical care for other things. I hate that they will have to deal with the knowledge that a blood clot is more likely for them, but at least they can be prepared for it. Knowing is half the battle, as they say.
Also, I'd ask that you be in prayer for some unspoken health issues I don't feel at liberty to discuss at this time happening in my family. I appreciate it greatly as there could be nothing going on to something more serious going on. Thanks so much!
- We appreciate your prayers as we make some important decisions as a family. Due to my unknown health status among other reasons, we need to make some decisions about various things in the next few months. We appreciate your prayers very much. Our lifestyle may be in for some very big changes, and we need to prepare for that the best we can without jumping the gun too much. Thanks so much for all the support and prayers for us through this. They mean the world!
- Blog updates have stalled, though posting has increased! My system to add posts to this blog and Natural and Free at least once a month is still going well. I'd like to do more than that, but my current health status is making that difficult, and I've finding that I am back to having a serious lack of time for now. We'll see how it goes! I may still be able to surprise you with some crazy awesome updates sooner than later. ;) Stay tuned! :D
That's about it for now. How are you doing? Are you reaching your goals? Have you tried something new? Come up with a new recipe? I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will leave a comment sharing your thoughts and/or milestones (with a link to your post, if you wish). As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)