Today is the start of the fourth Monthly Milestones for 2015. The "rules" are still the same as always. I will be giving you updates on the first Saturday of every month on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., and you can link up a post (or 3 or more) about some form of progress you are making, if you wish (see details below). Being publicly accountable (as hard as it is) helps me out tremendously. I hope you enjoy this link-up, will link up something inspiring and share it with others so that we can meet our goals together! :)
Here is how I am doing as of today:
- My weight is up a little again overall. My body seems to like the roller coaster weight thing. Again, I've actually lost weight this week (nearly a pound), but my weight is up about a pound overall since last month, and up about 2 lbs. since the beginning of the year, which upsets me, honestly. I am a lot more active, and I know that's playing into excuses to eat when I'm not hungry or eating more than I should or eating the wrong kinds of things. It makes it harder for me to stay healthy and pain free when I'm not following my eating rules, so you'd think I'd be more diligent about it. It just proves to me that will power isn't all that easy. I am thrilled that I'm a little more toned due to more exercise, but that doesn't mean that I can make excuses. My diet has to be right for me 24/7 regardless. I'll get there...eventually...I hope. :)
- I've been able to walk more. Hurray for nicer weather! I've been able to get out and walk more with my hubby (sometimes over an hour) on most days. It's been wonderful. :) I'm hoping to move that to pretty much every day (except nasty weather days) because it helps so much to just get out in the fresh air and move. I sleep better, I feel better, I'm happier - all kinds of wonderful things. :) Here's hoping for a warmer, nicer spring and summer!
- I've learned some important things this month regarding my health, and I am dealing with some more things regarding my health. As I mentioned before, my body is being less and less tolerant of foods that hurt me, and I'm feeling those side effects quicker each time. I'm noticed that I really cannot eat highly processed or fast foods very much nor a lot of refined sugar. I do ok with honey and maple syrup, but regular sugar tends to pile on the weight quickly, and make me feel ill because it messes with my blood sugar levels more. I also notice when I eat something highly processed or full of preservatives, I am moodier and have a harder time getting over illness. Case in point, I've been dealing with a cold/sinus issue for going on 3 weeks now that's left me downright miserable. I notice when I'm eating right, I feel almost completely over the sinus issues. When I slack off, I feel like it comes back tenfold. Go figure. It really does pay to eat right, especially when you're not well.
The other thing that I've been dealing with is some more painful days. I've recently noticed an issue with my left hip that comes and goes, and sometimes some pain in my thighs. I'm not sure if those things are Fibromyalgia related or something else. It feels like muscle, but that doesn't mean it is. When I have one or both of those issues, it can make it really hard to walk or move correctly, depending on how bad the pain is. Anyway, it is something I will talk with my doctor about if it gets worse. I plan on talking to him about it when I see him next this summer if it is still intermittent regardless.
On a positive note, I found out that my eyes have improved in the last year by 2 whole scripts! I will be getting new glasses in another week or so. :) Having glasses that are too strong is definitely causing more headaches, so it is my hope that having that corrected will help me to have less migraines. :)
- I'm still working on my new groove with my blogs. I am still having a hard time getting a chance to post on here and on Natural and Free. All I've been able to get to here is the Monthly Milestones posts, and I've been completely unable to get to my other blog, and I'm trying to change both of those things. It's a bit frustrating to have posts to share, but no time to write them up and get them published. Hopefully this summer I will have more time if nothing else, but I'm not expecting to have much time in the foreseeable future, unfortunately. I will get to where I want to be (posting weekly on both blogs), but it is just taking a lot more time than I realized. I am also working on other ideas that I hope to implement soon. I've gotten a few little things done, but I haven't gotten done anywhere near what I want to do yet. Don't give up on me! I'll get there! :)
- The boys' school year ends in less than 10 weeks! Wowzers! Time has flown this year. My daughter is due to be done with preschool in about 7 weeks, too, and that just doesn't seem possible. It means a lot more craziness for me (though we are finishing up my daughter's spring break on Monday, and just started the boys' spring break on Friday) as we are getting into testing time, re-registration time, awards things, etc. I am extremely busy already, and it won't be slowing down until at least mid-May or so. It won't stay insane forever, but I know I won't be here as much as I want to be. My email is always open, though, so feel free to write me at any time, and I'll get back with you ASAP. I'm here for you!
That's about it for now. How are you doing? Are you reaching your goals? Have you tried something new? Come up with a new recipe? I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will link-up a post telling me all about it or even leave a comment sharing your thoughts. As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)
Oh, and Happy Easter, everyone! :)
Oh, and Happy Easter, everyone! :)
Now It's Your Turn!
Grab A Badge!