Today is the start of the fifth Monthly Milestones for 2015. The "rules" are still the same as always. I will be giving you updates on the first Saturday of every month on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., and you can link up a post (or 3 or more) about some form of progress you are making, if you wish (see details below). Being publicly accountable (as hard as it is) helps me out tremendously. I hope you enjoy this link-up, will link up something inspiring and share it with others so that we can meet our goals together! :)
Here is how I am doing as of today:
|Me today, May 2, 2015, at 233 lbs.|
I also have new glasses. I am sorry for the open mouth in my side photo. Hubby caught me when I wasn't ready. :)
- My weight is up again. I'm up to 233, and not happy about it either. That's nearly 2 lbs. heavier than last month. That doesn't sound too awful, but when you consider that just last week I was down to 229, it is very frustrating! I know that part of the issue is that I'm retaining quite a bit of water at present (more yesterday, and it was VERY painful as I was very stiff and it was hard to move), but that's not the only issue. Life has been insane (quite literally) lately, and I used that as an excuse to not always eat as I should. The biggest thing I've learned over the last week? My body needs more protein, and CANNOT handle processed sugars and simple carbs, period. I do ok with honey and grains that are less processed, but that's about it. The more "junk" I eat, the more the weight piles on. I also noticed that my blood sugar is starting to bottom out more when I eat more processed/lower protein foods. I do ok with fruits and veggies, but things like white bread or white sugar are messing with my blood sugar greatly. Lesson learned the really hard way. Let's hope it sticks this time. :)
- I've been able to walk pretty much daily, sometimes multiple times a day. Did I mention that I love that the weather is nicer? :) It means I get out and about more, and that is very helpful as far as my pain and attitude goes. It helps me be able to sleep better, feel better, etc., too.
- I got my new glasses! And boy, have they made a difference! Less migraines, clearer vision, less eye strain...Yes, I'm quite happy with them. :)
- Life has been insane! April was a nightmare in a lot of ways. We've had illness, my middle kid had surgery (appendix removed - he had a stone in it), middle kid smashed his big toe, M-STEP testing, doctor's appointments... One week we were in the doctor's office or hospital every.single.day. Another, we were traveling somewhere every.single.day. We also had Missions Conference this month, we're cleaning the upstairs of our church, my middle kid turned 11, and so much more! I feel like we may get a little bit of a breather now that May is here, but maybe not. Let's just say, I'll be glad when the school year is over. :)
- Updates to the blogs are coming soon...I hope. This blog and Natural and Free will be getting some updates soon, I hope. I have been making mental lists of things that I want to change, and working on things slowly. You may not notice a lot of change, but there will be some. :) I still hope to post more soon, but it's not to be at the moment. I may not get the time until June, but I'm going to do my level best to do more in May. Forgive me in advance if that doesn't happen. Wanting it to happen and making it happen are 2 entirely different things.
- The boys' school year ends in about 6 weeks, and my daughter's ends in 3 weeks! Wowzers! The end is fast approaching. Next week is the last round of school required testing for the boys, and we are winding down in the subjects. The last week or 2 should be a lot lighter, and we're hoping to do some more fun educational things. :) I am hoping my time will free up a bit within the next few weeks, but until then, my email is always open, so feel free to write me at any time, and I'll get back with you ASAP. I'm here for you!
That's about it for now. How are you doing? Are you reaching your goals? Have you tried something new? Come up with a new recipe? I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will link-up a post telling me all about it or even leave a comment sharing your thoughts. As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)
Now It's Your Turn!
Grab A Badge!