Today is the start of the eighth Monthly Milestones for 2015. The "rules" are still the same as always. I will be giving you updates on the first Saturday of every month on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., and you can link up a post (or 3 or more) about some form of progress you are making, if you wish (see details below). Being publicly accountable (as hard as it is) helps me out tremendously. I hope you enjoy this link-up, will link up something inspiring and share it with others so that we can meet our goals together! :)
Here is how I am doing as of today:
|Me as of today, August 1, 2015, at 230 lbs.|
- My weight went down! Hurray! :) I'm down 3 lbs. since last month. This makes me very happy! I've been watching what I eat even more and trying to only eat when I'm hungry, and it's paying off. Hopefully next month I'll have even more weight loss to report. :)
- July was insane! It has been a VERY busy month. We had our tent meetings at church, 2 VBS times (one for teens, one for K4 - 6th grade), family time, birthdays, doctor appointments and more! I'm very glad July is done. There's not as much planned for this month, but school supplies will arrive soon, and my youngest has what we're calling Kindergarten prep classes starting in a few weeks, so there will not be a dull moment. We'll see if I get to post more or not. Here's hoping I can! :)
- We've settled into some new eating habits. My middle kid and youngest are now gluten-free completely. Their trial off of dairy showed no change, so they don't have to cut that out. I'm also noticing that they definitely have issues with the artificial ingredients, just like their momma. I'm trying to be more gluten-free, too, and it's making a difference in how I feel and I believe it's the biggest reason my weight is going down instead of up, especially since my exercise wasn't as consistent last month as I'd like.
- I'd appreciate your prayers for some medical tests coming up next week. I had my annual physical, and my blood work looked great for the most part. I do have a mammogram on Monday, though. It looks like I may take after my mom as the doctor noticed a lot of what she suspects are fibroids during my exam. Please pray that the mammogram will show what it needs to show, so that if there is something concerning, we can take care of it sooner than later. Thanks! Also, please pray that my pap comes back normal. Last year's came back ASCUS (though the doctor was not concerned upon ordering more tests, knowing that I'm in a monogamous relationship, and knowing I'd never had an abnormal or ASCUS pap before), and if this one comes back odd, I will need follow up tests. Breast cancer and ovarian/uterine issues run in my family, so I appreciate your prayers very much. Thank you!
- Updates to the blogs are still coming. I still have to do my updates on this blog and Natural and Free. I am hoping to do that when I have some more free time. I've made minor changes, but nothing like I want to yet. Soon, I hope!
That's about it for now. How are you doing? Are you reaching your goals? Have you tried something new? Come up with a new recipe? I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will link-up a post telling me all about it or even leave a comment sharing your thoughts. As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)
Now It's Your Turn!
Grab A Badge!