Today is the fifth Monthly Milestones of 2017. If you want to share a milestone post, just leave a comment below with a link to your milestone post, and I'll pop over and visit it and leave a comment, and hopefully some of my other readers will, too. :) Normally, Monthly Milestones, where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., will go live on the first Saturday of every month, though sometimes I may be a day early or late depending on circumstances.
Here is how I am doing as of today:
- My weight is down another 2 lbs.! I am so excited that my weight loss continues, though I have had a bit of a hiccup recently with yo-yoing. It started when I was put on an antibiotic for a sinus infection that has left me with water retention and constipation issues. It is getting better slowly - more slowly than I'd like. I also have been struggling with eating right since the antibiotic (it left me incredibly nauseated unless I had something on my stomach at all times, so that definitely didn't help me any). Again, I'm making improvements slowly, but it is definitely a frustration. Hopefully I will get a firm handle on it soon, and will have another weight loss to report next month, too. :)
- The weather is better mostly, so I've been able to get out more. You will notice that I definitely have more tone going on. This is because I've been able to walk more. It is so nice to be able to get outside! I find that a good walk revitalizes me. I've missed it a lot. I've also kept busy with housework, and spring/summer cleaning has begun, so these are all good things to keep me active!
- I have to stay on top of my diet and exercise. As I mentioned earlier, my diet has been off track, and I've paid the price. It's no fun at all. Losing weight is not a steady process for me. It always yo-yos at least a little bit, especially when I get more active as muscle tone builds. It can be easy to get discouraged, but I am determined to do what is right for my health, and it is paying off, even when there are hiccups. I have to keep reminding myself that good health and proper body weight is worth taking the time to make the good-for-me meal vs. the easy, frozen, full of junk meal. I also have to fight eating when I'm having a rough day. I am an emotional eater, and that's not a good thing. I am trying to form the habit of having a cup of herbal tea when I'm having a rough time vs. eating a piece of chocolate (ok - a whole bar of chocolate), and it is slowly forming and definitely helping. Hopefully I won't lose sight of my goal. Time will tell!
- I've made some changes with my supplements, and am still dealing with some more minor health/physical issues. I decided to try going off all of my supplements except for my probiotic. It was not a decision I made lightly by any means, but one I decided on based on improvements in my diet. I am doing well so far, but may end up having to add back in the flaxseed oil at some point, and possibly the tumeric or B vitamins. We'll see. For now, I haven't noticed any major changes in my health to indicate that I need any of them back. We'll see what my doctor says when I see him for my physical in July or August.
As you may have noticed, I got new glasses. My vision has actually improved. My eye doctor could not find the cause of my vision blurriness that occurs sporadically, but did encourage me to keep looking into it. I mentioned my hearing issue to her (my right ear still does not hear correctly), and she did say that my vision issue could be related, and thought an ENT would be a good next step. The only question now is if I should wait until July or August when I see my regular doctor or if I try to get in sooner. I'll keep you posted, but I will probably see about getting in earlier.
We've still not been back to the chiropractor yet, but we hope to do that soon. The walking and stretching that my chiropractor recommended months ago does help, though. That's a blessing for sure!
Also, I want to thank all of you who have kept me and my family in your prayers. It means so much, and I don't know where we'd be without them. Keep them coming! :)
- My boys are officially done with their homeschool year (my daughter has another month and a half nearly), and I'm hoping to get updates done to the blogs soon! I am hoping to get some recipes ready to post on Natural and Free that will go live in the future starting very soon. I am also mulling about some ideas for here in addition to Monthly Milestones. We'll see how much I get accomplished. I've got a lot planned for around the house, too, so I may have too much ambition and not enough ability. At any rate, we'll see what happens! :)
That's about it for now. How are you doing? Are you reaching your goals? Have you tried something new? Come up with a new recipe? I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will leave a comment sharing your thoughts and/or milestones (with a link to your post, if you wish). As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)