Today is my twelfth time, and last for the year, running my monthly feature where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc. and in which you can link up a post about some form of progress you are making, if you wish (see details below). I am enjoying this, and being publicly accountable (as hard as it is) will and is helping me out tremendously. I hope you enjoy this link-up as well, will link up something inspiring and share it with others so that we can meet our goals together! :)
Here is how I am doing as of today:
Here is how I am doing as of today:
|Me today, December 6, 2014, at 230.5 lbs.|
- I've gained a little. Much to my chagrin, my weight has gone up again. I've technically only gained 0.7 lbs., but I round to the nearest 1/2 lb., so my 230.4 lbs. is rounded to 230.5 lbs. Anyway, I could blame my weight gain on a lot of things outside my control, but I won't do that. I know I've not been sleeping as well, I know we've eaten more "quick and convenient" meals vs. healthy ones, and there's been a lot of stress. I know that it doesn't matter how crazy life gets, I have to eat right and make sure I get some form of exercise or I pay for it later, and I just haven't been diligent about that this last month. Not only has this lack of taking true care of myself shown in a weight gain, it shows in the amount of pain I've been facing, trouble sleeping, IBS symptoms, etc. I will definitely be working more on taking care of me, even when life gets nuts, because I have to.
- I am still trying to walk daily, at least during the week days. On preschool days (Monday - Thursday), I get about 20 minutes of walking in. I try my best to do at least one chore per day that requires more effort (i.e. vacuuming/sweeping, laundry (all parts of that), scrubbing the bathroom, shoveling snow). It doesn't always happen, but it's a goal of mine. I also try to get a walk in when it's not too cold on non-preschool days. Again, that doesn't always happen, but it is a goal.
- Physically, I'm not at my best. You can read more about this here. I pretty much just feel "off" most of the time, and have been dealing with more pain (in my breasts and my back and in relation to headaches/migraines), general fatigue (sometimes overwhelming) and still having that weird swallowing thing when I have a lot of phlegm especially (like right now since I think I'm starting to get a cold or something). My brother and his wife just sent me a book to read that may help with all of this (Thanks again, John and Patty! Love you!). We shall see! Prayers appreciated. It can get really hard to stay positive and upbeat, especially when all the tests have come back "within normal" but they agree that something is going on, they just can't find it. Thanks so much!
- I've decided to keep doing Monthly Milestones indefinitely. I know the interest in this link-up is varied, but that doesn't change the fact that it is good for me. I'll keep it up for, because I need it. I may change the look a little or even just take the link-up part out of it (not sure yet or that one, but probably not), but I'll keep it around. If it helps encourage one other person on the planet, it's worth it! :)
- I'm starting to find my new groove with my blogs. I don't know how many of the new changes that I wanted to make will happen (I've been re-thinking some of them), but I'm starting to figure out when I can blog and when I can't. I want to post new recipes on Natural and Free weekly, but it doesn't always happen, and may not. I can aim for at least once a month, though, for now. I'm trying to post at least once here, too, between Monthly Milestones' posts, but that doesn't always happen either. I'll be working on that. :) I still want guests on both blogs from time to time, I still want to do link-ups from time to time, and so many other things. I'm still working on getting my old, but now watermarked images up here, too. It's been so busy, but Christmas break is coming, and I'm hoping to get a lot done then. We shall see! :) Don't give up on me yet! LOL :D
Before I sign off, I wanted to show you my "year in review" as far as Monthly Milestones goes. Here's what this last year has looked like:
I know 4.5 lbs. isn't a ton, but it's something! :) I'll take it, and hope that next year it will be at least double that. We shall see! I want to thank all of you who have supported me along the way. Your support has meant so much more than you know. The days I felt like giving up, I'd think of all of you out there cheering me on and praying for me, and it made all the difference. Thank you so much for being there!
How are you doing? Are you reaching your goals? Have you tried something new? Come up with a new recipe? I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will link-up a post telling me all about it or even leave a comment sharing your thoughts. As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)
Now It's Your Turn!
Grab A Badge!