Today is my third time running my monthly feature where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc. and in which you can link up a post about some form of progress you are making, if you wish (see details below). I am enjoying this, and being publicly accountable (as hard as it is) will and is helping me out tremendously. I hope you enjoy this link-up as well, will link up something inspiring and share it with others so that we can meet our goals together! :)
Here is how I am doing so far:
|Me, today, March 1, 2014 at 234 lbs.|
- I've stayed the same weight. I haven't made the progress I'd like (i.e. I'm exactly the same weight as last month), but I have made progress. My stomach is slightly flatter and some clothes are fitting a little better. That's always a plus, even if the scale is my nemesis. Hopefully next month it won't be! ;) Also, I have gotten better about portion control. I am finding that saying no to that second serving when I am not really hungry is getting easier. Baby steps in the right direction are still steps in the right direction. Let's just hope and pray I continue in that direction! :)
- I've struggled with illness/pain. Due to extreme cold (actual temps well below zero - as low as -25 F - and real feel even lower - as low as the -30s F) with crazy wind and lots of snow, my Fibromyalgia has been pretty relentless. The days I've eaten right and avoided soy, I did pretty good, but that cold can bother anyone, and it was sure evil to most! I also having been dealing with some sort of nasty head cold for about a week now, and just when I think I'm about to be over it, it comes back full-bore. I am sure ready for Spring, better yet Summer!
- We've gotten some things crossed off our To Do List! We've gotten a new kitchen table with benches since our old one wasn't an actual kitchen table (more like a plastic, rectangular card table) and our old chairs were starting to fall apart. It is so nice and looks just perfect in our kitchen, like it was made for the space, and it cost less than buying the 2 new chairs we were thinking about doing. Pretty sweet! It's one of those tables that looks really expensive even though it's not, and that's awesome to me. :) Also, we got all new curtains on the windows we wanted curtains on, a new comforter/bedding set for our room (since we've never really had one), we're getting hubby's car fixed (we've been down to one car pretty much all winter, which is normally fine since the kids are homeschooled and all and I don't work) and we've got hubby and I scheduled for eye appointments (first in like 3 years - YIKES!). Lots of little things, but such big changes! :)
- I'm sleeping better. I'm not sure if it has been not feeling well or what, but I've been sleeping better and deeper lately. This is a good thing! It gives me a lot more energy. :)
- I may have some very exciting news for you all soon! I have a possible opportunity coming up, and if it all works out, I'll let you all know. :) It would be pretty awesome, so keep me in your thoughts and prayers about this unspoken item. Thanks so much!
That's pretty much it for this month. How are you doing on your goals? Hopefully well, and I hope you will link-up a post telling me all about it or even leave a comment sharing your thoughts. As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)
Now It's Your Turn!