Today is the second Monthly Milestones of 2017. If you want to share a milestone post, just leave a comment below with a link to your milestone post, and I'll pop over and visit it and leave a comment, and hopefully some of my other readers will, too. :) Normally, Monthly Milestones, where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., will go live on the first Saturday of every month, though sometimes I may be a day early or late depending on circumstances.
Here is how I am doing as of today:
- My weight is down another 3.5 lbs.!
I couldn't be more excited to share another weight loss with you all! I have not been down to 220 lbs. in 4 years! Yes, FOUR years! I am working very hard to stay active enough to keep myself healthy, but not overdo it, and at eating right (low sugar, but also low grain most of the time). It is paying off, and hopefully I will have more weight loss to share with you next month. Keeping track of what I eat and my physical activity helps keep me honest, too.
- Winter has not been kind. We have had a very vicious winter this year, mainly in the wind department (though sometimes there has been quite a bit of snow and cold to deal with, too), and it has made it very difficult to do any outside activity (other than shoveling). Though I have not been able to get outside much, I am still consciously making
the effort to move via housework more than anything. I walk my daughter to school and get out when I can, too. I also am continuing to keep track of my physical activity on my
phone (as I mentioned above), and I know that helps, too. I suppose having to shovel snow is a mixed blessing, too. :D
- Dietary/lifestyle changes are now basically habit. I
still haven't gone completely herbal with my tea choices (I am thinking that may be a few months in coming yet), but I still do not drink regular coffee, and I only drink decaf on very rare occasions (less than once a week, normally less than once a month). I do limit my non-herbal tea choices to once a day (read that as one tea bag in the morning), and then drink herbal later if I want something warm. Otherwise, I basically just drink water, and I drink 9+ cups of water per day (another thing I keep track of on my phone). These choices, along with eating and exercise choices, are mainly habit now, so I find that a good thing!
- My health is still basically stable, though I do have issues with weakness and other issues off and on. I have not had any major weakness since last month, but every now and again I will have some slight weakness/heaviness in my legs, especially my left leg. I still have hearing issues in my right ear most of the time, and sometimes my vision will be off. Overall, I would say I'm doing well, though I have dealt with viral illnesses quite a bit recently. We're hoping to be able to get back to the chiropractor in March or April, so hopefully that will help with the intermittent issues at least.
Every now and then I seem to have more issues with brain fog, headache, and even emotional highs and lows. Some of this I can definitely link to diet (especially when I have certain types of chocolate or too much of it, or eat something with a lot of preservatives or soy), but other times it is harder to determine. It is something I am keeping track of and will discuss with my doctor the next time I see him. It could be linked to my thyroid or any number of things. We shall see.
Also, thank you to all who continue to pray for us. It's hard not having any real answers when it comes to my health issues, but knowing you are all praying and that God is there means more than you know! Thank you!
- I have not been able to post as much as I would like on my blogs, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to post more often yet. I am truly trying to post at least monthly to this blog and Natural and Free, but it has not happened. I have been overloaded with a very busy schedule, trying to keep up with homeschooling schedules, trying to keep up with the snow shoveling (some days this is a multiple times a day thing!), illness, etc., and blogging has had to take a backseat. I have been doing updates here and there, but no posts other than Monthly Milestones for now. I do have some other ideas and material, just no time to share it all just yet. I may not get the time until spring, but I will keep trying before then. We shall see!
That's about it for now. How are you doing? Are you reaching your goals? Have you tried something new? Come up with a new recipe? I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will leave a comment sharing your thoughts and/or milestones (with a link to your post, if you wish). As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)